Community Driven Development and Public Health
Governments and Local governments play a crucial role in providing basic services and fostering sustainable economic development. Moreover, as government tier closest to the citizens, decentralised government has the potential to contribute considerably to increased accountability and democratic governance in the entire country.
This workshop will include implementation and the benefits of best practise in promoting public health methodology of medic mobile in assisting the work of rural health workers in accessing health facilities and the associated benefits. Our delegates will be taken through various approaches of Mother to Mother (M2M) in HIV transmission, the Right to health, Patient safety and how gender, culture and economic status affect public health
Delegates will get acquainted with the political economy of decentralisation and with tools for change management. There will be some site visits, case presentations, decentralisation games and exchange of experiences, participants will be actively involved throughout the course.
This training course is aimed at Senior Management, Middle to lower Managerial professionals who are involved in governance, local governments, non-governmental organisations, community leaders and those who are involved in community development. It is intended for delegates planning to advance their careers in public service, either in government or non-governmental organizations, in planning careers at the state and local level learn to approach community problem solving holistically
After the completion of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding to reference frame for working on good governance, democracy, decentralisation and participation
- Understand the mechanism of accessing the safe and affordable antiretroviral drugs (ARV) and strategies available for prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT
- Increase knowledge on inter-administrative relations and local governance practices in various parts of the world and Africa in particular
- Have an insight into the numerous factors that influence governmental performance at the local level and national level
- Gain an understanding in the models and tools for designing strategies for a more effective implementation of decentralisation and local development policies
- Ability to assess and monitor fiscal decentralisation practices in various governments and countries
- Framework for optimising the various sources of revenue, such as taxes, user fees and intergovernmental transfers and the transparency use and access to the consolidated revenue accounts
- Seek effective financing structures and partnerships to accomplish most with limited resources and be able to use revenue and expenditure tools