Conflict Management, Conciliation and Mediation
Conflict is an inevitable part of our lives but how we view it and how we deal with it can turn it from being an unpleasant experience into one where we learn and grow. This course will help one to understand how conflict can be positive and will introduce one to tools and techniques that will assist to effectively deal with conflict situations. Conflict within the workplace can impact on productivity and staff morale. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential within today’s diverse workforce and workplaces. Identifying and dealing effectively with difficult people and situations also requires skills in positive communication, active listening and problem-solving. This workshop is interactive in style and involves active participation in case study scenarios, group work and self-evaluation activities at various scales ranging from small to large scale conflicts , local to global conflicts in diverse organizations.
- Human resources personnel
- Industrial Relations Officers
- Line managers and executives
- Other personnel wishing to broaden their knowledge on conflict resolution
By the end of the training delegates will be able to identify causes of conflict and:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and procedures of negotiation.
- Describe how diversity and differences can be harnessed
- Demonstrate strategies that avoid escalation of conflict
- Demonstrate techniques to show empathy and rapport
- Problem solve quickly and effectively
- Handle customer complaints appropriately
- Negotiate a successful outcome
- Demonstrate negotiations skills in practice.
- Advocate conflict resolution.
- Record the outcome of negotiations/conflict resolutions.
- Review negotiation/conflict resolution outcomes and modify own approach.
- Assess political, social and/or cultural barriers in negotiation and conflict resolution.