Emotional Intelligence in the Time of Crisis(Live Online Course)
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought a lot of stress across all spectrum of life. Be a manager, non-managerial, team member, the effects are felt within the workplace and can have an impact within the home set up and vice versa. South Africa recorded skyrocketing number of Gender-based violence as well as violence against children in the past 3 months. Most of the possible causes points to failure to manage changes brought by the pandemic, mostly financial changes. ATI has unveiled this program to assist employees and employers to have a safe workplace as well as have employees who can manage the current change on the same time safeguarding violence against spouses and children. Emotional intelligence is the ability to monitor one’s own and other people’s emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behaviour. Studies have shown that people with high emotional intelligence have greater mental health, exemplary job performance, and more potent leadership skills. Markers of EI and methods of developing it have become more widely coveted in the past few decades.
The objectives of this course is to apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others
This course is recommended for all employees despite levels.
Upon completion, our delegates will be more competent in the following areas:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts and principles of emotional intelligence in respect of changing life and work relations.
- Analyse the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on emotional intelligence, work and life interactions.
- Understand the importance of excising emotional control in the time of crisis
- Analyse the role of emotional intelligence in interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships in life and work situations.
- Evaluate own level of emotional intelligence in order to determine development areas emotional intelligence.
Techniques for improving own emotional intelligence