This is a technical course that seeks to provide an exclusive opportunity to have hands-on techniques on fraud detection, prevention and investigation and ensures that proper fraud remedial actions are implemented. The increase in commercial crimes, highly-publicized financial scandals and heightened concerns over money laundering, have seen the need to advance practical knowledge and skills for detecting fraud within private and public organizations. It is against this background that forensic and investigative auditing has been introduced to combine auditing, accounting knowledge, investigative skills and modern day technologies to undertake various litigation support and investigating accounting support to pick up crimes such as fraud, financial and economic crimes, tax evasion, e-commerce and cybercrimes, money laundering and related unethical business practices.
This course primarily targets Finance Managers, Finance Controllers, Accounting and Finance officers, Procurement Personnel, Auditors, Credit Controllers, Administrators and other personnel involved in accounting and finance.
Upon completing this training workshop, the delegates should be able to:
· Apply practical knowledge to analyze fraud and be able to detect the different types of frauds such as occupational fraud, financial fraud, e-commerce and cybercrimes, money laundering and white collar crime.
· Examine and investigate the current wave of frauds and e-commerce crimes using the modern day techniques and technology.
· Collect, collate, preserve, analyze, present evidence which is legally acceptable and court ready.
· Design and review organizations systems of internal controls especially those intended to prevent, detect and report fraud using modern and improved technology.
· Plan , coordinate , execute and manage forensic audits and investigation assignments
· Make use of technology and tools in computer forensics for fraud prevention, detection and reporting and investigation information solutions, software, interfaces and models.