Media Communication and Advocacy
In this global cut – throat village that we now live, development and change have become a necessary evil for any society that is to keep up with the pace and demands of the today’s competition against trends. Communication has therefore been noted as the driving force behind any organisation that aspires towards change and development. Communication for change has therefore become the beginning and the end for everyone who endeavors progress. This cannot go without reference to the beloved continent of Africa. The strides that still need to be covered towards different issues, among others, socio-political, economic matters are still many. That becomes a burden/onus that directly goes upon the shoulders of officers whose duties are to show the light to society through communication, some of whom are mentioned below.
This training henceforth focuses on equipping with and inculcating in the modern employee / employer (the communicator),some simple to exercise but rare to find and taken for granted skills in a lot of organisations but which can give a competitive advantage not only in organisational but national if not continental operations.
While it elaborates and clarifies relevant theoretical and conceptual issues, the main thrust of the training is on practical operational issues pertaining to the proper practical and realistic guidelines to application to media practice and advocacy especially targeting the developing African continent that is still bedevilled by HIV and AIDS, Ebola, illiteracy, cultural erosion and more retrogressive challenge
- Communications Officers,
- Human Rights Officers,
- Advocacy Managers,
- Programme Officers And Coordinators,
- Community Leaders,
- Educationists and Activists
- Civil Society Organisations and Staff Of NGOs
- Journalists and Editors
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply dialogic communication concepts
- Critique and select appropriate models of cause communication
- Use a range of social communication tools, including media advocacy
- Design an evaluation of a communication campaign
- Understand role of various stakeholders in advocacy.
- Highlight the various approaches to monitoring and evaluating advocacy work